€55.60 incl. VAT
MAR GEL PLUS is a unique, innovative stain remover specifically formulated to remove rust stains from acid-sensitive materials such as marble, limestone, and travertine. MAR GEL PLUS is able to penetrate deep into the material, even into the most compact lime-based surfaces, such as brushed or polished finishes.
After treating rust stains with MAR GEL PLUS, the next step is to treat with OXIDANT. MAR GEL PLUS reacts to remove the rust, creating a purple compound that turns darker according to the depth of the rust stain. OXIDANT when applied after MAR GEL PLUS can remove these residues remaining inside the stone, completing the stain removal process.
Faber Mar Gel Plus is specifically for acid-sensitive materials, but it can be used on any material where there are rust stains to be removed
- The surface must be completely clean, dry, and free from contamination using the recommended cleaners
- Thoroughly rinse with clean water and allow it to dry, never use Faber Mar Gel Plus on a wet or over-heated surface
- Apply Faber Mar Gel Plus onto the surface in thick layers, using a brush or spatula
- Leave to react until the stain has been completely extracted, the time can vary
- For surface, recent, and pale rust marks, the removal time can be from 5 to 20 minutes
- For slightly deeper, medium-toned rust marks, the removal time can from 30 minutes to 3 hours, Faber polish may be needed to restore its shine
- For deep, dark rust stains that have penetrated through the material, the extraction time can vary from 4 to 10 hours, Faber polish may be needed to restore its shine
- Remove the product and its residues with a clean cloth after the set period of time
After carefully removing all product residues, apply Oxidant to remove the purple compound created by the action of Faber Mar Gel Plus. Refer carefully to the instructions on the Oxidant datasheet.
- The product has a strong odour, which is in no way hazardous.
- It is important to test the solution on an inconspicuous area before general application
- Surfaces must be between 5 and 40°C before application
- While applying Faber Mar Gel Plus to the surface, it must not be exposed to direct sunlight.
*We always recommend that, before using stain remover on large areas, you perform an initial test to see whether or not it is necessary to use a mechanical polisher on the surface beforehand*
Never Mix Faber stain removers. Faber stain removers can only be mixed with poultice.
MAR GEL PLUS must only be used alone. NEVER mix it with other chemicals.
• The product is for use without dilution. Pour the product straight onto the surface being treated. Use a brush, or spatula or pour directly onto the surface, covering it completely with a thick layer of product. MAR GEL PLUS will create a purple compound when it comes into contact with the rust.
• Let the product act on the surface. The time required will depend on the intensity of the stain, its depth, stubbornness, and the amount of time it has been there.
Based on the above, it is not possible to provide an exact contact time required by the product to remove the stain. We, therefore, recommend that you test the product reaction to get an idea of the time needed for a satisfactory result. In any case, the following information can serve as a guide:
- For superficial, recent, and pale rust marks, the removal time is generally from 5 to 20 minutes.
- For slightly deeper, medium-toned rust marks, the removal time is generally from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. For applications over 30 minutes and based on the sensitivity and the type of material treated, the surface may lose some of its shine. This can in any case be restored easily, using a Faber polish.
- For deep, dark rust stains that have penetrated through the material, the maximum suggested application time is 1 hour. If necessary is possible to repeat the application of the product.
In case the stain removal requires a longer time, we recommend applying a sufficiently thick layer of product to avoid having to add more if it dries too quickly.
• After the set time, proceed to remove the product and its residues. To remove MAR GEL PLUS it is possible to use absorbent paper or cloths in case of small surfaces, soaking up and removing residues until the surface is completely clean. For medium or larger surfaces, it is possible to collect the residues with a squeegee before soaking them up more easily with absorbent paper or cloths until all excess has been removed.
• After carefully removing all product residues, apply OXIDANT to remove the purple compound created by the action of MAR GEL PLUS. Refer carefully to the instructions on the OXIDANT data sheet. OXIDANT needs to act on the surface for at least twice the amount of time needed by MAR GEL PLUS to react with the rust stain.
If the achieved result is not satisfactory, repeat the product application process as described above, or decide on the need to sand the surface beforehand.
When working to remove more complex, deeper rust stains from natural stone, it may be necessary to pass over the surface with a mechanical polisher to increase the surface absorption and therefore, the penetration of the stain remover, for more effective results.
The depth of polishing will depend on the extent of stain penetrations. For very deep stains, you may need to work with a lower grain size. This preliminary operation will achieve a much deeper extraction in far less time.
After rinsing the surface with water, wait for the floor to dry completely before opening to foot traffic.