€29.52 incl. VAT
HIDRO SST is a top-quality impregnating treatment to protect the natural stone against the harmful effects of water and rising humidity. It is characterized by a 100% water-based, eco-friendly formula and for its lack of volatile organic compounds (V.O.C. Free), therefore, its use is not harmful to the environment or for the health of users, either during or after application. The specific characteristic of HIDRO SST is that of penetrating natural stone deep down, guaranteeing strong, lasting protection without compromising the original breathability of the surface, since it does not create any type of film. It also does not alter the original appearance of the material.
HIDRO SST is a product that combines water-repellent properties with a good resistance to rising damp, which is responsible for the majority of problems generally found on the natural stone: persistent damp marks, the formation of rust, yellow damp marks, flaking or detached surfaces (pitting), salt efflorescence and surface aggressions. Unlike traditional water-repellent and damp-proofing treatments available, HIDRO SST helps to increase the resistance of the natural material to dirt and foot traffic, working as a definitive solution due to its high resistance to the action of de-waxers.
HIDRO SST is also certified for contact with foods and therefore, is a valid solution for protecting kitchen worktops.
Basaltina - Lava Stone
HIDRO SST is particularly recommended for pre-installation treatment on natural surfaces:
- it can be applied as a 6-side pre-treatment to prevent rising humidity, ensuring a high degree of protection without compromising adherence between the bottom of the material and the bonding agent used. Even if the stone is installed with simple cement mortar or mechanical fixing.
- it can be applied as a 5-side pre-treatment (top+edge) when the stone is installed with top-quality mortar or mechanical fixing.
- it can be applied as a pre-treatment (bottom) together with a 5-sides pre-treatment (top+edge) if the stone is installed with a bonding agent that cannot be used with a 6-side treatment done using the same product.
Pre-treating natural stone is highly recommended to protect it from the earliest stages of installation, avoiding all problems linked to moisture absorption when bonding, grouting, and polishing. It is always advisable to pre-treat natural stone, but it is more important to do so when the surface is absorbent and sensitive. The protection needs to be done also taking into consideration the characteristics and performances of the adhesive used. HIDRO SST is an extremely valid water-proof treatment for natural stone that has already been laid.
In this case, however, the protection against rising humidity will depend on the moisture that is already present inside the material, and that has been there since the laying process. To achieve the best performance possible, it is, therefore, necessary to remove if present any old humidity stain. It is also important to make sure that the surface being treated is as dry as possible; this allows the product to penetrate correctly.
On materials that are particularly difficult to protect, HIDRO SST is also extremely effective when used as a protective primer before applying a stain-proof treatment on the surface. HSST boosts the stain-proof protection of the treatment, increasing its durability and resistance to foot traffic.
✓ Protects the material from rising humidity
✓ Prevents the formation of salt and efflorescences
✓ Water-based product
✓ Eco-friendly solution
✓ VOC Free
✓ Certified Safe for food contact
✓ Doesn’t change the original appearance of the treated surface
✓ Doesn’t create any film
✓ Durable protection
✓ Simplifies grout removal and after-installation cleaning
✓ Doesn’t alter the breathability
Brush, Lambswool applicator, Roller, Airless, Immersion, Production line
• Carefully clean the surface, making sure to remove any dust or dirt.
• Never apply HIDRO SST to wet surfaces. Please ensure that the surface to be treated is as dry as possible.
• Apply HIDRO SST to surfaces at temperatures between +5 and +40°C
• Any adjacent surfaces not to be treated must be protected.
• This operation is generally done in the factory or on-site, where there is not much time between the application of the treatment and the installation of the material. Usually, the material to be installed is treated during the “dry laying” stage, which is frequently used as it allows the position of every single piece to be assessed. Alternatively, we recommend laying out the material on a clean, dry area that is large enough to treat the natural stone slabs or tiles.
• When pre-treating natural stone using Faber Chimica solutions start the application from the top of the tile and then proceed with the sides (edges). Once the product has dried, continue treating the bottom, which will be in contact with the glue.
• Apply an even layer of product that covers the whole surface, including both the top and edges of the slab or tile. After about 5-10 minutes and in any case, before the product dries, even out any residues remaining on the surface, taking care to distribute them uniformly with a roller, lambswool applicator, or brush. For a perfectly clean surface at this stage, we recommend redistributing residues until they have been eliminated. If not distributed correctly, the residues can be removed with a cloth, a white pad, or a single disk machine, using a small amount of water. Nonetheless, it is always better to distribute the residues as this will speed up the following laying operations.
• Wait around 1-2 hours for the product to dry; and then reposition the slabs or tiles to be able to treat the bottom, proceeding as described above. We recommend re-positioning the slabs and treating the bottom, following the same slab/tile order as the previous application.
• The product residues, redistributed as previously described, can be easily removed once the material is completely dry and before it is boxed up, using a white pad or a damp cloth. It can also be removed directly on-site, before the slabs or tiles are laid, using a white pad or damp cloth, or immediately after laying, using a single disk machine with a white pad. If the material laid needs to be polished, the residues will be removed during that phase.
• The pre-treatment on 6 sides (top+edge+bottom) with HIDRO SST can be done using a roller, a brush, or a lambswool applicator, or by dipping each tile or slab of material to be installed. In this case, fill with the product in a large container and completely dip one tile at a time, for about 10-15 seconds. Immediately after, proceed to redistribute the residues on the surface, as described above, using a clean cloth.
Before proceeding to lay the tiles or slabs treated with HIDRO SST wait at least 24 hours.
Once laid, the treated slabs or tiles can be opened to foot traffic.
The surface can be opened to traffic about 2-3 hours after the product has been applied.
The product will be completely dry in about 24 hours, during which it must be protected against all contact with water or moisture.
HIDRO SST can be applied using special equipment as part of an industrial production/treatment line. Based on the characteristics of the line available, the product will generally require an application stage using a sprinkler, silicone roller, or other suitable tools. This must be followed by the removal of residues, to be done with special brushes or pads.
• This is a ready-to-use product and doesn’t need to be diluted.
• Never apply the product to a wet surface
• Do not apply the product to overly heated surfaces
• Apply the product to surfaces with a temperature between +5 and +40°C
• When applying to recently laid or grouted surfaces, wait for the adhesive or grout to cure completely.
• Before applying the product to the whole surface, it is advisable to test a small, unexposed area or unused piece to check its suitability.