€12.55 incl. VAT
DISYCOTT is a highly concentrated, acid-based, end of installation cleaner to remove residues of cement, cement-based grout, dirt and inorganic residues such as salts, limescale and efflorescence. DISYCOTT has a formula containing inhibited acids and specific cleaning agents that has made it possible to replace the muriatic acid normally used to clean after installation.
The result is significantly improved performance plus a drastic reduction in the chemical risks from using particularly aggressive acids. DISYCOTT is fast acting and will not develop fumes; it is also quick and easy to apply and will not damage the appearance of the material or grout.
Basaltina - Lava Stone
✓ Excellent cleaning power
✓ An extremely effective way to remove cement-based residues
✓ Gentle on materials and tile joints
✓ Quick and easy application
✓ Effective against the most stubborn dirt.
This product can be used on both indoor and outdoor surfaces.
Suitable for use on Marble-quartz agglomerate, Slate, Sandstone, Basaltina - Lava stone, Molten basalt, Glazed ceramics, Clinker, Cotto, Granite, Polished porcelain tiles, Natural porcelain tiles, Textured porcelain tiles, Reconstituted stone (Eco stone), Porphyry, Quarzite, Terracotta, Tuff
Not suitable for use on polished lime-based materials such as marble, travertine, limestone, marble-cement agglomerate, or marble-resin agglomerate.
10-15 m2/l according to dilution and the type of material
• Before proceeding to wash the surface with DISYCOTT, it is advisable to clean away any surface residues, such as dust and debris using a broom or a vacuum cleaner.
• We recommend treating small areas of the surface at a time. The size of the area to be treated individually should be decided according to the absorption level of the material.
• When applying to highly absorbent surfaces, such as terracotta, it is necessary to work on an area of no more than about 4-5 square meters at a time.
• When applying to low-absorption surfaces, such as stoneware or ceramic tiles, the treated area may be larger, according to the requirements and the operator.
The product is used diluted in clean water, according to the type of material
and to the dirt that needs to be removed:
- Dilute to 30-40% in water (approx. 1 part product to 2 parts water) to clean salts, and efflorescence and to remove the stubborn post-installation residues from porous, absorbent materials such as Cotto, terracotta, and absorbent materials in general.
- Dilute to 20% in water (approx. 1 part product to 4 parts water) to clean at the end of installation on low absorbing materials such as porcelain tiles, or to clean slight inorganic residues.
• Apply the solution to the surface, distributing it evenly using with a single-disc machine or large brush.
• Let the solution act for about 10-15 minutes, working it now and then with a single to enhance the extractive action of the product.
• When applied to particularly absorbent surfaces, while working the solution on the surface it might be necessary to add more to compensate for the amount of product absorbed by the material.
• The cleaning can be done using a more or less abrasive pad or brush, to be selected according to the type of material and the type of dirt or treatment being removed. White pad: for less dirty or more compact surfaces, such as glazed ceramics. Green or light blue pad for rough, unpolished surfaces such as Cotto and terracotta.
• Once the action time has passed, pour a sufficient amount of clean water onto the surface to form an emulsion with the solution on the floor; distribute this evenly with the single-disc machine or brush, and then remove it using a wet vacuum.
• Once the residues have been removed, rinse the surface thoroughly with water.
After rinsing the surface with water, the floor can be opened for use as soon as it is dry. When in need to repeat the cleaning you must wait for the surface to be completely dry.
Check out a full range of our tile care products here